Gospel Photo of the Week
Here we are, already past the halfway point of October, before you know it Christmas will be upon us along with a new year. With the changing of seasons comes a new liturgical year within the Church, the Church calendar begins with Advent. This year, Advent begins on Sunday December 1 and runs through the morning of Tuesday December 24.
Advent is a time of preparation for the coming of our Lord, Jesus, at Christmas, as well as His coming at Judgment Day. During this time, we are called to prepare ourselves to celebrate the anniversary of the birth of Christ, making us worthy to receive Christ in Holy Communion which in turn prepares us for His coming at the end of time.
There are many ways that we can prepare ourselves for the wonderful grace and gift of Jesus’ coming, including: going to daily Mass, receiving the sacrament of reconciliation, Adoration and spiritual reading. In order to assist you in this preparation, we will be doing several things at St. Anthony this Advent in preparation for Christmas. I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to join us on Monday evenings beginning November 25 for Mass followed by a viewing of episodes from Bishop Robert Barron’s The Mass. In addition, on Tuesday evenings beginning November 26 the sacrament of Reconciliation will be available from 7:00 until 9:00. Also, for your spiritual reading, we will have a limited number of copies of the book “I Thirst: 40 Days with Mother Teresa” which is a compilation of short reflections from Mother Theresa. More information and details about these, and other Advent activities, will be in the bulletin in the coming weeks.
I pray that these opportunities will help you in your preparation for the coming of our Lord this Christmas.
2019 Diocesan Parish Annual Appeal
Saturday: 5:00 PM
Sunday: 8:00 AM, 10:00 AM
First Friday Mass:
8:00 AM, 6:00 PM
Rosary/Adoration/Stations of the Cross
Recitation of the Holy Rosary:
Saturday: 4:30 PM
Sunday: 7:30 AM, 9:30 AM
Adoration - First Friday: 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Benediction 5:30 PM
Stations of the Cross - Friday: 6:15 PM during Lent
(after Mass on First Friday)
Saturday: 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM
Or by appointment.
Daily Readings, Saint of the Day, Liturgy of the Hours, and Meditations. Click here!
Laudato Si': On Care for our Common Home
Pope Francis Encyclical Letter - Click here!
A church site of the Diocese of Covington
2019 Fall Fest Video Slideshow
Reception for Fr. Eric Andriot
Farewell Reception for Fr. Benton
Celebration with Deacon Jim Fortner
Would you like to submit a prayer request that will be prayed over by members of the St. Anthony Prayer Line? Click here!
Need a bulletin from the last few weeks? Click here!
Monday: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Tuesday: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Father Eric Andriot, Pastor
- Kim Bailey, Administrative Secretary
- Lora Funicelli, Books/Finance
- Chris Bailey, Parish Council - Faith Formation
- Lisa Bottom, Parish Council - School, ACUE
- Krista Braun, Parish Council - Secretary
- Judy Dornbusch, Parish Council - Evangelization
- Dianna Ferguson, Parish Council - Boosters, Foresters and Recreation
- Mary Carol Heidrich, Parish Council - President
- Laura Keener, Parish Council - Social Outreach
- Brad Knochelmann, Parish Council - Maintenance
- Joe Stryker, Parish Council - Finance
- Tom Ewing, Finance Committee
- Brian Fischer, Finance Committee
- Jim Gerhardt, Finance Committee
- Dan Pikar, Finance Committee
- Blair Thompson, Finance Committee
- Pete Manczyk, Deanery Pastoral Council Representative