From the Desk of Mrs. Schweitzer
Our theme during the month of March challenges us to live with the virtue of UNIVERSAL MORTIFICATION. “Universal” means all encompassing, or applicable everywhere. “Mortification” means to die to your own wants or desires or to sacrifice.
Our Blessed Mother lived out the virtue of Universal Mortification by putting her own desires aside. In Luke 1:38 she says, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be done to me according to your word.” This week, our challenge to live this virtue will be to complete homework without complaining and to get up right away and get ready for school We will also continue putting “JMJ” at the top of class work to show that we are offering everything we do up to the Holy Family.
Our prayer this month will be: “Dear God, it is easy to fall into temptation and sin. Please help me to gain self-discipline so that I can cooperate with your grace and do your will.”
COVID-19 School Requirements - May 2022 - click here
Return to School Form - click here
We Love Our St. Anthony Family!
Wednesday: 12:20PM (K-4), Friday: 8:00AM (all school)
ARK TESTING - The Diocese of Covington requires its schools to complete ARK (ASSESSMENT OF RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE) Testing each school year. This is a standardized test that will take students Grades 2-8 approximately one class period to complete. The window for testing will end on Thursday, March 30th.
WALKATHON - Please remember any pledges should be collected over the next several weeks and turned in to school by April 17th. All monies collected goes directly to support our school’s expenses.
NO BUS SERVICE - Next Monday, April 3rd through next Wednesday, April 5th.
JOURNEY WITH JESUS HUNT - TUESDAY APRIL 4 - 2:30 - 4:30 - COF is excited to host a special Journey with Jesus Hunt! We will Journey with Jesus and create a Stations of the Cross craft to help us pray with our families during Holy Week as well as hunt for Jesus eggs. A snack and a drink will be provided. To help cover the costs of supplies we ask all Non-forester members to pay $2.00 each, or $5.00 a family. COF members are free. Please RSVP by FRIDAY THIS MARCH 30th to [email protected] to make sure we have enough supplies.
11AM DISMISSAL - Next Wednesday, April 5th school will dismiss at 11AM. There will be NO breakfast or lunch served. STUDENTS MAY WEAR SPIRIT WEAR ON THIS DAY!!
SCHOOL WILL BE CLOSED - In observance of Holy Thursday and Good Friday, school WILL NOT be in session next Thursday, April 6th and next Friday, April 7th.
SPRING BREAK - School will be closed from Monday, April 10th through Friday, April 14th for Spring Break. Enjoy the week with your loved ones!
GARDEN CLUB – Meeting this week is THURSDAY. Students in ALL grades are invited to attend the Garden Club meeting on Thursday, MARCH 30th from 2:30 – 3:30. You must send in a note or email to [email protected] with permission for you student to stay, otherwise your student will be dismissed as a regular school day. It is very important for us to know where students should be dismissed to BEFORE dismissal on the meeting days.
BOOSTERS GOLF OUTING – Planning is underway for the Booster’s Golf Outing on Friday, May 26th. Please consider making a donation for the raffles held that day. Items needed include gift cards, products or services for baskets, and / or hole sponsorships ($100). If you know of a business or family interested in donating or sponsoring a hole, please forward the letter sent home last week or contact Amber Baynum (859-653-4504) or Alisa Washnock (859-801-5635).
HCHS MULCH & PINE STRAW SALE Holy Cross High School is having its 25th Annual Mulch Sale, selling 3 kinds of mulch in 2 cubic foot bags for $4.75 per bag and Pine Straw for $9.50 per bale, which are approximately 12” x 12” x 23”. All prices include FREE DELIVERY and sales tax. HCHS students will deliver mulch to your home, business or rental property anywhere in Kenton, Boone and Campbell Counties and will put it anywhere on your property, starting Friday, April 1st and continuing for at least 5 weeks. All proceeds benefit Holy Cross High School. Go to www.hcmulch.com or contact any St. Anthony Alum to purchase.
HCHS LENTEN FISH FRY – 5pm to 8pm in the school cafeteria, 3617 Church Street, Covington, KY, on all Fridays during Lent except Good Friday (Mar. 31). If you have any questions or need more information, contact [email protected] or click here.
EMERGENCY CALLS – As a reminder, if there is inclement weather or a school emergency causing a delay or closure that families need to be made aware of, a call will be sent from Sycamore. Sycamore has been updated with contact information submitted to the office at the beginning of the school year. The call comes through from CARLISLE, KY so please be sure to answer those calls – no messages are left. An email will also be sent. If you have an updated phone number or email, please let Mrs. Bottom know.
VIRTUS - March bulletins will post on Sunday, March 5th and be due on April 4th . The following new VIRTUS user sessions are currently scheduled. Visit www.virtusonline.org to register or for more information.
• Diocesan Curia – March 29th – 6PM – 8:30PM
• Catholic Charities – April 26th – 1:30PM – 4PM
TEACHER & STAFF WISHLIST Wondering what to get teachers to support their efforts and to show your appreciation? The PTO has worked with our teachers to create Amazon Wish Lists. These entirely optional lists are arranged by teacher or staff member. If you’re looking for a great gift for a holiday, end-of-the year, staff appreciation week, or just a random thank-you, consider choosing one from here! Teachers will be adding things on an on-going basis. As always, your support is greatly appreciated! Click on the links below to view any of the WishLists:
Mrs. Faulhaber: Click here
Mrs. Bement: Click here
Mrs. Bottom: Click here
Mrs. Fischer: Click here
Mrs. Mullen: Click here
Mrs. Schweitzer: Click here
Mrs. Simon: Click here
Ms. Bell: Click here
Ms. Reams: Click here
2022-2023 SCHOOL CALENDAR – Attached is the school calendar for this year.
MENU - March Menu
LUNCH THIS WEEK
• THURSDAY 3/30 – Confetti Pancakes
• FRIDAY 3/31 – Cheesy Flatbread
• MONDAY 4/3 –Chicken Patty Sandwich
LAROSA'S BUDDY CARDS ARE BACK!
St. Anthony School PTO is selling LAROSA'S BUDDY CARDS. Each card is just $10.00 and is worth 14 Buddy Card deals; Buy any large pizza, get a second large cheese pizza FREE ($150.00 value). PTO receives 50% of each card sold! If interested in purchasing to support St. Anthony School, please contact the school office at 859-431-5987.
• Any volunteers at school must be VIRTUS compliant – see the office for more information
• While on church and school grounds students should ALWAYS follow school rules and guidelines. This includes during any after school activities, such as Garden or Good Works Club AND playtime with friends on church and school property. Students have been reminded of this as well, please reinforce with them.
• If a student is going to be absent or tardy, please phone or email the office by 8:00 AM. A note or return to school after absence form should be sent with your student upon return. If a student is absent for three or more consecutive days, a doctor’s note is required to return.
• WATER BOTTLES – As a reminder, there are NO WATER FOUNTAINS in the building. We have water bottle refilling stations. We have a few cups in the office, but the supply is running low. Please be sure to send a water bottle that can be refilled with your student(s).
• Yearbook photos – If you attend any school events and have photos for the yearbook, please send to [email protected].
• NO BUS SERVICE – MONDAY, APRIL 3RD THROUGH WEDNESDAY, APRIL 5TH
• 11AM DISMISSAL – WEDNESDAY, APRIL 5TH
• NO SCHOOL HOLY THURSDAY, APRIL 6TH AND GOOD FRIDAY, APRIL 7TH
• SPRING BREAK – MONDAY, APRIL 10 THROUGH FRIDAY, APRIL 14TH - SCHOOL IS CLOSED
• MAP TESTING – MONDAY, APRIL 17TH THROUGH FRIDAY, MAY 12TH
• PTO MEETING – WEDNESDAY, APRIL 19TH @ 7PM
• APRIL 19th - GRADES 3/4 – BEHRINGER CRAWFORD MUSEUM WEDNESDAY
• APRIL 24th - WALKATHON PICNIC @ MEMORIAL PARK
• APRIL 26th - GRADE 2 RECONCILIATION (WEDNESDAY) @ 6:30PM
• FIRST COMMUNION – SUNDAY, APRIL 30TH @ 12PM
SAVE THE NEW DATE – The school dance will be on FRIDAY, MAY 5th (this is an update from the original date published at the beginning of the school year). More details to follow!
REMKE CARING NEIGHBORS – As part of the Remke’s Caring Neighbor program, they will donate up to 2% to St. Anthony for every purchase made when you use your Remke Rewards card if you have designated St. Anthony. It has been brought to our attention that even if you had previously chosen St. Anthony, you may need to log into your account and verify that St. Anthony is still designated.
Sign in to your account at www.remkes.com
Go to My Account in the top right corner of the page
Choose St. Anthony as your favorite Caring Neighbor Non-Profit Organization from the drop down box toward the bottom of the page
KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS – Please designate St. Anthony as your Kroger Community Rewards partner.
1. Login or create your digital account at www.kroger.com
2. Link your Card to an organization.
Selecting the organization that you wish to support is as simple as updating the Kroger Community Rewards selection on your digital account.
1. Sign in to your digital account.
2. Enter the name or NPO number of the organization you wish to support.
3. Select the appropriate organization from the list and click “Save”.
FOLLOW US ON……Twitter (@StAnthonyTM) and on Facebook (St. Anthony Church and School in Taylor Mill)